You know what they say, ‘there’s an app for that’. Well, when it comes to apps to support your paddleboarding adventures, there are a few firm favourites here at Aquaplanet HQ. We’ve rounded them up for you, so get downloading and start planning!
Water Quality / Campaigning
Safer Seas & Rivers Service (app / webapp)
- Observe and monitor the water quality of Sea & Rivers around the UK
- Find local bathing and paddling spots and check their water safety
- Get Alerts about pollution and sewage discharges
- Report health issues directly through the app to aid campaigning
- Use the app to directly canvass your MP/Water Co. CEO for cleaner water.
- Sign petitions to pressure governments to act to save our oceans.
- One of the biggest exercise monitoring/recording apps.
- Now includes paddle sports as recordable activity
- ‘Segments’ to help break up your paddle into fun sprint stretches
- Compare your progress and performance with others or go for your PB
- Form and join clubs – like The SUP Team – by Aquaplanet
Magic Seaweed (app / webapp)
- The Surfer’s favourite
- Surf specific info for surfing spots around the world.
- Easy to read Tide, Wave, Swell and Weather information
- Webcams in many locations for realtime viewing
- Galleries of user images at most spots
Windy.com (app / webapp)
- Visually excellent animated wind and weather map
- Shows lots of information in easy to digest form.
- 10 day forecast for any location worldwide
- Lots of info for outdoor sports: Wind, gusts, tides, waves, rain accumulation, weather warnings, etc.
- Great for expedition and trip planning